Homes are a place to feel secure, build a future and raise a family. There's immense personal satisfaction in owning a home, and with a homeownership you can gain a sense of community through the neighborhood, schools and civic groups. Beyond the emotional benefits of homeownership, there are strong financial reasons to buy a home.
- A home generally builds equity over time through the combination of mortgage payments and appreciation.
- A portion of your mortgage interest and real estate taxes are tax -deductible/
- You may leverage your money — even though your down payment may be 20% of the home’s purchase price, you receive the full value of any appreciation.
- In many markets the cost of ownership can be less than renting.
- You may strengthen your credit with your ongoing and timely mortgage payments.
- You may pass on your home to your children.
As a homeowner, you are free to renovate, remodel, repair and repaint your property – you’re never dependent on a landlord to get the job done right. Of course, the decision to buy a home vs. renting one depends on many personal factors including your financial health, job security, job mobility and more.
With the housing market recovering, confidence in homeownership and real estate is improving. Potential buyers from millennials on up are trending away from rental properties and toward homeownership. Contact Delahooke Real Estate today to turn homeownership from ambition to reality.